– To support the capacity of cultural and creative sectors to interact internationally.
– To support the circulation of cultural and creative works, and the international mobility of cultural actors.
– To strengthen, widen, and diversify audiences.
– To encourage the internationalization of the career and works of young writers and artists.
– To draft a long-term strategy based on financial and statistical terms to increase the children audience for the book.
– To stimulate future collaboration and transnational circulation of authors and their works.
– To stimulate and give good models to the international children literature.
– To raise awareness of state organs on children’s literature as one of the main tools for cultural development of the child, and as a key to overcome barriers many times created by social, ethnic, religious complexes, etc.
– To strengthen the cooperation between cultural organizations & drawing attention toward public sector of publications as one of the important sectors of the economy.
With the pupils of secondary schools in various cities of each region, in the months from February to April 2017, were organised creativity competitions: in literature and painting.
The purpose of the competition was: to promote creativity, the desire to write stories, to arise the imagination, to make children protagonists of the literary creation, but also to help them find another opportunity where children express themselves about their rights to learn and read.
On our website you will have the opportunity to find and read three volumes published in three languages (Albanian, Macedonian, Italian): one (e-book) with the creations of the winnres of Competition in literare and painting “Little Readers” organized in months February-April 2017 in the three partner countries, entitled “With Books in Heart”; one book (book and e-book) with stories of authors from the three partner countries entitled: “Readings for Children and Youths. Stories from Albanian, Macedonian and Italian authors”; and one book (book and e-book), with fairy tales by authors from the three partner countries entitled: “Readings from Children and Youths. Fairy tales by Albanian, Macedonian and Italian authors”. Published books are donated to schools and public libraries, while e-books can be accessed for free on the project website and respective websites of the partners, as well as on social networks.
At three different periods, in Tirana (Albania), Padula(Italy), and Skopje (Macedonia) for the first took place such a big event with these three countries in focus, a festival for children.
These periods served as the culmination of the project. The Festival specifically aimed: transnational mobility, audience development, but also created opportunities for children and youths, and even for their parents, to share experience in an array of different art forms and styles, to introduce new promotional and presenting programs.
The festivals included tens of events (workshops, roundtables, meetings with writers, creative labs, reading, acting and painting corners, etc.), involving over 100 artists and thousands of children and young people.
The works (sketches, illustrations, etc.) of illustrators of children books from the three countries were part of a joint travelling exhibition presented in Tirana, Naples and Tetovo. For seven days, the wide Albanian, Italian and Macedonian public was able to visit these exhibitions in their respective countries. The travelling exhibition was aimed at promoting the illustrators, whose works travelled in all three countries, thus creating new audiences and opportunities of collaboration.
In collaboration with MultiMediaStudio “NOSITI”, a film production house with many years of experience, a film documentary was produced about children’s access to books, without any social, gender or race differences, and about the best promotion of children’s literature. The documentary film has been transmitted on TV and can be easily accessed on YouTube, social networks, and official project website, entitled “Readers of the Future”. The film documentary transmits promotional messages for the book and its reader.
In Tirana, on June 11, 2018, was organized the Final Conference of the Project “Readers of the Future”, with the participation of Macedonian and Italian partners, publishers, librarians, cultural and educational operators, journalists, representatives of educational and cultural institutions, etc. In the proceedings of this conference, which was widely reflected in the press some of the conclusions of the project “Readers of the Future” were discussed. Speakers and numerous speakers, after congratulations to the organizers of this project, expressed the need for the development of programs for the promotion of reading for children from an early age, as an investment for the future; the example of this project should encourage us to do the same thing to design the best policies to bring children closer to books and inject in them with love for reading.